We are just a couple of days away from St. Patrick’s Day and what better way to celebrate than with a traditional Irish dish from Internet Salesman Jerry Maguire!
In his terms..
“It’s just like eating candy!”
Mustard and Brown Sugar Baked Corned Beef
- 3lbs corned beef, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/3 cup Dijon or country-style grainy mustard
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar or plain water
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, brown sugar, pepper and vinegar. Mixture will resemble a thick paste. Remove 2 tablespoons of the mixture and set aside (you will use this later)
- Place corned beef onto a large sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil. Rub entire corned beef with brown sugar mixture. Make sure corned beef is fat side up before wrapping the entire corned beef up very tightly in aluminum foil.
- Lay foil wrapped corned beef into a rimmed baking sheet or shallow roasting pan and bake for 2 hours. Remove corned beef from oven and remove the foil wrapping. Set oven to broiler setting and spread reserved brown sugar mixture over the fat side. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until the top is a little brown and bubbly but not burnt. Allow meat to rest for 5 minutes before placing on a cutting board. Be sure to slice meat against the grain of the meat or else it will be tough and inedible.
Stay tuned for more recipe’s to come from salesman Jerry Maguire, or better yet stop in and take a test drive with him and discuss your favorite recipes! 😉
2323 East Mall Drive Rapid City, SD 57701