Each year harsh cold temperatures are what we experience here in South Dakota. A mixture of snow, ice, road salt, potholes and more put our vehicles to the test every winter.
Spring is the perfect time to “thank” our hard working vehicles for their great winter performance with a maintenance overhaul. There are plenty of things that you can do to get your vehicle back to running like it should.
Here is a list of our top 5 tips to get your vehicle back on track:
- Batteries, Plugs & Wires: All of these give the spark to your vehicle and they work extra hard during the cold months. The winter conditions can compromise their performance by up to 60%.
- Brakes: After a season of snow and ice it is advisable to inspect the entire brake system. We rely on our brakes daily, so something as simple as a brake pad change can help ease our minds about brake safety.
- Suspension & Wheel Alignment: Deep potholes are very rough on shocks and struts. Getting an inspection to determine wear or leaks can alleviate bigger issues down the road. Having your wheels properly aligned can help keep your vehicle on the road in a safe direction, plus it evens out the wear of your tire tread.
- Fluid Levels: Checking your fluids is something you don’t want to skip. Fluids to check are engine oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, antifreeze/coolant and even windshield washer fluid.
- Clean the Exterior: Make sure to take special care to address the undercarriage where road salt can eat away or corrode the metal. A thorough car wash should do the trick.
If you keep you with seasonal maintenance and the major maintenance benchmarks, then there is no reason that you cant see you vehicles odometer go to 200,00 miles or more!
For expert advice or more service tips call us at 605-343-1282 or visit us online at www.rapidchevrolet.com/service